Business Analyst - Pinna
New York, NY
Pinna is a children's audio-first media company offering a subscription service that delivers breakthrough, original audio programming just for kids. We are creators and producers of award-winning, original shows and we partner with best-in-class brands and top creative talent to deliver innovative entertainment that gets kids giggling, guessing, wondering, puzzling and participating.
Pinna is home to celebrated audio shows that include:
- The Ghost of Jessica Majors, Webby Award 2018 Honoree for "Best Series" in Podcast & Digital Audio
- The Unexplainable Disappearance of Mars Patel, Peabody Award Winner
- Christmas is Coming!, 2018 Parent's Choice Award Gold Winner
- Season Isle, 2018 Parent's Choice Award Silver Winner
- Remy's Place, 2018 Parent's Choice Award Recommended Winner
- And many more...
Do you love working with data and analytics tools? Can you apply your technical skills, business acumen, and creativity to solve unique business problems? Are you great at turning data into actionable insights? Pinna offers an opportunity for you to work closely with business, product, marketing and content teams to develop strategic approach to drive results and strategy through high quality, timely analysis.
As the Business Analyst, you will lead the adoption of business intelligence tools across teams, foster a culture of insightful analysis and crisp reporting, and become a trusted business partner within the organization. In the short term, you will have the opportunity to manage customer service and report how consumers are interacting with the product and content to upper management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Use data to tell a story. Surface insights and influence peers with data, actionable research and compelling narrative content; Present and clearly communicate complex data and analyses to cross-functional groups
- Ensure metrics used to track the business and measure results are consistent and the most relevant to inform decision-making across the organization; Own the weekly KPI package presented to the management team
- Translate business issues into testable hypotheses answerable with data; Partner closely with marketing, product, and content teams from business case development to ROI measurement
- Consult stakeholders about how advanced analytics and a data-driven approach can help them achieve greater success in driving their business units
- Build dynamic and rich dashboards and reporting solutions to support company initiatives and strategic planning using out-of-box features, customizations, and visualizations
- Explore and recommend emerging technologies and techniques to support/enhance Business Analytics at Pinna
- Write and create custom reports
- Initiate and drive projects to completion independently, including helping stakeholders to integrate advanced analytics assets into their operational processes
- Set up tagging system for all customer inquiries, quantifying issues and reporting on trends while escalating issues as they arise
- Develop templates/communications protocols for new and existing customer issues while working closely with product, content and marketing teams
The ideal candidate will be organized, self-motivated, detail oriented and can juggle a variety of projects at one time. The role is highly collaborative, working with a small team in a startup environment.
Apply To This Job
- 3-5 years of experience with business intelligence and visualization tools (Looker, Tableau, Chartio) in an subscription environment, preferred
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or relevant work experience
- Ability to analyze data to identify key insights, potential gaps, and inconsistencies
- Demonstrated understanding of analytical techniques including regression, trend analysis, forecasting, and A/B testing
- Experience with web analytics tools (Google Analytics, etc.)
- Advanced user of G Suite and Microsoft Office tools
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data-driven insights
- Collaborative and solutions-oriented; Experience working effectively as part if a small team a plus
- Self motivated, with a deep sense of ownership to ensure great outcomes