Director of Design
Panoply is looking for a talented and creative Director of Design to work in the fun and fast-paced new media environment of podcasting. We are proud that our attention to user experience and visual identity defines all aspects of our brand, from marketing to technology. This is where you come in!
As the Director of Design, you will lead a growing design team at Panoply. This includes directing and setting the design vision, strategy, workflow and team structure to achieve world-class, beautiful and functional design. You will also streamline collaboration between our design, product, marketing and engineering teams at scale. This job is based in Washington, DC.
- Foster a collaborative, creative and positive environment and culture within a growing team.
- Lead a holistic approach to creative ideas, vision and strategy for both designers and non-designers.
- Advance our branding, design language and UI component library to ensure consistency and quality across all delivered designs.
- Communicate consistently and effectively with engineering, product and marketing teams, advocating for exceptional design throughout the company.
- Hire, onboard, train and mentor new team members.
Requirements and attributes of the ideal candidate:
- A portfolio demonstrating a range of strong design and conceptual skills.
- Experience as a design leader across multiple disciplines and on projects at scale, with strong management experience and ability to empower and lead a team of designers.
- Experience building and maintaining design systems and streamlined UI/UX workflows.
- Ability to create and work towards an overall design vision that supports and enhances business goals across the company.
- Ability to consider long-term sustainability in all design decisions and maintain an eye for reusability in designs.
- An extremely resourceful and well-organized person who can handle multiple projects with competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to champion the best ideas.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and InVision.
- Ability to relocate to our DC office (if based elsewhere).
Bonus points for:
- Experience leading design in a fast-paced startup.
- A love for all things podcast.
- Panoply Labs: regularly scheduled time set aside for us to explore and learn in problem spaces outside of our day-to-day work.
- Funds for learning and career development including conferences and learning resources.
- A comfortable, casual work environment with the tools and setup that make you happy.
- A supportive team dedicated to individual and company success.
- Competitive salary and benefits, including comprehensive health insurance, 401k, tuition assistance, parental leave, and more.
Panoply is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
Apply To This Job