Senior UI/UX Designer
Panoply is looking for a talented and creative Senior UI/UX designer to work in the fun and fast-paced new media environment of podcasting. We are proud that our attention to user experience and visual identity defines all aspects of our brand, from marketing to technology. This is where you come in!
As a Senior UI/UX designer, you will lead a growing design team at Panoply. You will contribute to and improve our design vision and workflow to achieve world-class, beautiful and functional design. You will also collaborate with our product, marketing and engineering teams to implement your designs at scale. This job is based in Washington, DC.
- Lead and manage a team to design new features and improve existing features in Megaphone, our dynamic ad platform for podcasts.
- Empower and mentor junior and mid-level designers on your team, providing clear and directional feedback.
- Adopt and improve existing design processes and workflows, including our developing UI style guide and component library.
- Communicate and collaborate with product managers, engineers and project stakeholders.
Requirements and attributes of the ideal candidate:
- A portfolio demonstrating a range of strong design and conceptual skills.
- 5+ years of product design experience.
- Experience leading a team through the entire UX/UI process: research, personas, user flows, wireframing, user testing, high-fidelity prototyping and iterating.
- Desire to foster in a collaborative, creative and positive team environment and culture.
- Ability to advance and improve designs, while also considering sustainability of design decisions and successfully working within a brand framework.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and InVision.
- Ability to relocate to our DC office (if based elsewhere).
Bonus points for:
- Inspiring written communication skills to help with copy editing and proofreading.
- Production experience with motion graphics or video production.
- Illustration skills.
- A love for all things podcast.
- Panoply Labs: regularly scheduled time set aside for us to explore and learn in problem spaces outside of our day-to-day work.
- Funds for learning and career development including conferences and learning resources.
- A comfortable, casual work environment with the tools and setup that make you happy.
- A supportive team dedicated to individual and company success.
- Competitive salary and benefits, including comprehensive health insurance, 401k, tuition assistance, parental leave, and more.
Panoply is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
Apply To This Job