Technical Project Manager
Panoply is looking for a project manager to help drive new features and product improvements for Megaphone. This job is based in Washington, D.C.
Megaphone provides industry-leading podcast publishing, campaign management, targeting, ad insertion and analytics features for large-scale publishers like WBUR, Gimlet, Bloomberg and the Wall Street Journal.
About the Company
Panoply is a fast-paced, innovative podcasting company with two major focuses—(1) producing and monetizing compelling audio content like the #1 hits Revisionist History from Malcolm Gladwell and The Message from GE Podcast Theater and (2) Megaphone, the premier technology platform for spoken word audio and a complete end-to-end solution for the distribution and monetization needs of audio publishers.
Working at Panoply means casual dress, full benefits, competitive salaries and vibrant offices in downtown Brooklyn & Washington D.C. We have a friendly work environment, but coolness under pressure and comfort with short time horizons is a must.
- Manage the process and tools for tracking new products and features through each phase of development, from stakeholder interviews, requirements gathering and design to quality assurance, code review and user acceptance testing.
- Prepare and provide project tracking documentation and updates for the team and for Panoply leadership.
- Work collaboratively with product, design and engineering to set product direction and implementation details.
- Assist front-line customer support by triaging bugs and translating user problems into actionable improvements to the product.
- Advocate for team members to ensure technical feasibility, code quality customer value and a seamless user experience.
- Anticipate and work to mitigate project risks.
- Allocate time with team members in a highly collaborative, nimble and creative environment.
- Collaborate with product owners to develop a deep understanding of project goals and outcomes.
- Proactively share information and connect the team to answer questions before they become blockers.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time and within scope.
- Lead standup, retrospectives and planning meetings.
- Assist in writing user-facing product documentation and FAQs.
- Support product management by organizing the backlog.
- Someone who’s smart, hard-working and nice.
- Infectious enthusiasm for the work.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the fields of computer science or business, or equivalent professional experience working in a technology, media or SaaS company.
- A collaborative spirit backed by strong and consistent independent contribution.
- Deep understanding of project management techniques and software.
- Basic technical understanding, especially with web technologies and relational databases.
- Bonus points for:
- Experience motivating and organizing a team of peers.
- Experience working with a Ruby on Rails shop.
- A love of podcasts.
- Pronouncing "Panoply" properly.
Panoply is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply To This Job