Manager of Business Development and Strategy
New York, NY
Panoply is looking for a business development and strategy manager to work in the fun and fast-paced new media environment of podcasting. The BD and strategy manager will work closely with Panoply's technology, content, sales, marketing, legal, and partnership management teams to grow Panoply's network of compelling audio programs and expand the number of podcast publishers using Panoply's Megaphone platform.
Working at Panoply means flexible office hours, casual dress, full benefits, competitive salaries, and vibrant offices in downtown Brooklyn and Washington. We have a friendly work environment, but coolness under pressure and comfort with short time horizons is a must.
- Work closely with the director of business development and strategy to add and retain podcast publishers using the Megaphone platform
- Add partners to the Panoply network by building on existing relationships, cultivating new ones, and working to anticipate partners' ongoing needs
- Negotiate deals with a variety of potential partners ranging from podcast publishers to celebrities to media companies to best-selling authors
- Promote new technology and product capabilities to internal and external clients
- Identify and explore new business opportunities across the audio-on-demand landscape
- Stay up to date! The podcasting business is evolving quickly, so Panoply's business development team should stay up to the minute on industry trends that will shape our strategy and goals.
- Work closely and develop great relationships with Panoply's product, technology, content, legal, and sales teams
Requirements and attributes of the ideal candidate
- 3+ years business development, consulting, investment banking, or other partnership experience—technology or platform sales experience a plus
- Proven track record of balancing multiple deals and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Proactive self-starter who will think beyond his or her own role
- Creative thinker with strong organization skills who's not afraid to talk process
- Audio industry experience desired but not required
- Bachelor's degree
Bonus points if you:
- Host your own podcast
- Live to negotiate
- Are an early adopter with a passion for technology
- Can pronounce Panoply properly
Across Panoply, generally, the company looks for three "pillar gifts" in its candidates:
- Smart: displays a quickness of understanding, sound thought, and good judgment
- Hard-working: embodies enthusiasm, eagerness, and passion for high-quality work and professional success
- Nice: characterized as considerate, thoughtful, and compassionate toward peers and partners
Panoply is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
To apply please send a cover letter and a résumé to BD@panoply.fm. This position will be based out of Panoply's Brooklyn office.
Apply To This Job