Vice President, Marketing
NYC or Washington, DC
Panoply is looking for a Vice President of Marketing to work in the fast-paced, new media environment of podcasting. The VP of Marketing will report directly to the CEO and work across the company to elevate Panoply’s brand and position as a content and technology leader in the industry.
About the Company
Panoply is a fast-paced, innovative podcasting company with two major focuses—(1) producing and monetizing compelling audio content like the #1 hits Revisionist History from Malcolm Gladwell and The Message from GE Podcast Theater and (2) Megaphone, the premier technology platform for spoken word audio and a complete end-to-end solution for the distribution and monetization needs of audio publishers.
Working at Panoply means casual dress, full benefits, competitive salaries, and vibrant offices in downtown Brooklyn & Washington D.C. We have a friendly work environment, but coolness under pressure and comfort with short time horizons is a must.
The Vice President of Marketing at Panoply will be wholly responsible for overseeing and leading the company’s marketing team. This is a unique opportunity for an individual interested in leading both B2C and B2B initiatives across the business as Panoply’s customers include podcast listeners, advertisers as well as podcast hosts, creators and producers.
Marketing & Brand Strategy:
Act as a thought-leader and change-agent for Panoply, including:
- All aspects of branding and positioning
- Public image, marketing and advertising strategy
- External communication
- Public and industry relations and policy
- Marketing metrics
- Social media
- SEO & SEM Strategy
- In collaboration with sales, continuously refine comprehensive go to market plan across multiple geos, channels and market segments, specifically as it relates to Panoply’s technology partners
- A brand-builder with demonstrated success at creating new markets
- Proactively learn and have deep understanding of Panoply’s tech-platform, content strategy and brand mission
- Work closely with the analytics team to track ROI on all marketing spend to ensure a high level of productivity, engagement and efficiency
- Work with other departments and teams to develop materials such as one-pagers, case studies, research reports, and social media to highlight Panoply’s value proposition and industry insights
- Develop the company’s market-specific lead generation capabilities
- Developing and executing initiatives that impact specific funnel stages from acquisition, to engagement, to conversion to subscription, to retention, to churn win backs
- Guide team and demand generation partners to new channel tests; evaluate new channels based on scalability, CPA and expected LTV
Operations & Management
- Manage and oversee a small marketing team mainly responsible for supporting Panoply’s B2C marketing activities including customer acquisition, retention and the brand
- Develop and manage a marketing strategy around Panoply’s B2B activities that supports and effectively communicates Megaphone’s capabilities and wins in the market
- Set and manage quarterly marketing plans, targets, and budgets
- Comfortable as member of the leadership team who is excited about his/her contributions and insights
- Manage relationships with agencies and marketing services teams to initiate, develop, coordinate, and implement marketing programs
Requirements and attributes of the ideal candidate
- 12+ years of experience as a seasoned marketer. B2B and Ad Tech industry preferred
- Proven, quantifiable success in developing demand generation campaigns
- Demonstrable ability to manage marketing from a close measurement and analytics perspective
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Solid quantitative aptitude
- A team player, collaborative, nurturing of your team and able to mentor
- Proven success leading a talented and diverse marketing team
- Ability to work across internal organizations to accomplish goals and align on team needs
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree is a plus.
To apply please send a cover letter and a résumé to email@example.com. This position can be based out of either Panoply's Brooklyn or DC office.
Panoply is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
Apply To This Job